Monday, May 30, 2022

Which Way the Wind Blows…

 Those of you who have been visiting my blog for a while have probably noticed that I like bunnies.




There. I’ve admitted it. I have a bunch of bunnies. I never set out to collect them, but they do keep finding me. I like to think the ones I’ve brought home (and I have seen thousands that I did not bring home) are especially appealing. Some have come into my life and left again – perhaps downsized, or broken like the bunny pin cushion I made from a little vintage planter (sigh).

My dog Fannie has a particular favorite bunny, which her sister Millie the mischievous cat knocks off the shelf for her from time to time, a little stuffed toy I made from an old cashmere sweater. I got up a few days ago and discovered Fannie had spent the night snuggled up on the sofa with the cashmere bunny, which was a bit disheveled but all in one piece.

Friday’s sales were skimpy (holiday weekend) but I had errands to run so I added a few to my list. And sure enough, there was a bunny calling my name and insisting on coming home with me. And it’s something I've secretly wanted for a long time – a weathervane.

Fortunately he’s on a spike, so I don't have to figure out how to mount him on the roof. He looks quite at home cavorting among the shrubbery, and I've discovered he has another talent in addition to responding to the wind.

He distracts the eye wonderfully from my flourishing weeds! Hooray for bunnies!


2 comments:

  1. I have been collecting bunnies for almost 50 years(they do multiply) and try to limit new ones to being useful or really special. Recently was a sale that made my collection look paltry. I was unable to go, but my daughter managed to pick me up several unique bunnies. Hoping you find lots of great sales this summer and I love the weather vane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are well. Missing your postings about all your treasures.

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover