Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A Million Thanks

Early last Saturday morning something momentous happened on my blog.

There’s a good chance you’ve never noticed the counter at the very bottom of the page. It sits there quietly adding a digit every time someone visits my blog. And early on Saturday morning, someone visited and the counter ticked over to…one million.

Now, I know there are sites out there that hit that number in days, or even hours. Took almost 13 years here (next week is the blog anniversary). But for a site that has never advertised – or accepted an advertisement – and remains true to the focus on having a wonderful time paying the least you possibly can for practically anything, a million visits makes me very happy.

A million is big. A million hours equals a tad over 41,000 days. A million days is 2737 years, 10 months, 6 days and a few hours. The height of a stack of dollar bills would be as tall as a 30+ story building. (I'll take my share from the bottom, please!)

A million is a whole, whole lot. And of course I've never counted, but I bet I've had close to a million laughs and moments of satisfaction and amazement over what can be found when you go out thrifting. Whether you favor garage or yard sales, estate sales, rummage sales or thrift stores, the sheer entertainment value is priceless. And that's not even counting all the good stuff you can add to your life for a tiny fraction of a million dollars.

So I send a million thanks out to all who have come along on this journey for the past 13 years, with double thanks to those who have left comments.

And now let's get started on the second million!

17 comments:

  1. Well, I"M impressed!
    Meredith in the Berkeley Hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Without the Pandemic you would have reached that number last year, I'd bet.
    Congrats!
    Ruth in Oxnard CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t see the counter but I clicked on over from the email so you could get one more click on the way to 2 million!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your popularity is well-deserved! Here’s to many more years of adventures and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to the next million! I've enjoyed your blog for a long time, and I'LL keep enjoying it for the time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love, love, love your blog and your adventures, keep 'em coming! Here's to another mil soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Guess I'll have to keep blathering along and see how fast that can happen!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for helping me get through this sale-less year. My immunity peaks on Tuesday, so next weekend is sale time! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I'm concerned that is the PERFECT way to celebrate! (And I promise I've been careful.) I get my second shot this week and a friend and I are planning our first trip to a nursery together. Woo hoo!

      Delete
  8. I am you one millionth in a million fan!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an accomplishment! And a well deserved one at that!
    Congratulations. Here's to one million more!

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover