Monday, April 27, 2009

MAKING CONNECTIONS--PETS AND THRIFTY FINDS


Somehow this morning I ran across Rhoda's
Southern Hospitality blog, where she is hosting a feature on Mondays for us to show off the thrifty treasures we've found over the weekend. Welcome to everyone who's visiting from that link! Keep scrolling down, I've got tons of treasures to share! And I can't post much now because I've got to get back to her list and check out everyone else's good fortune.

First though I wanted to share something nifty. A couple of weeks ago I included a picture of
Bella the bulldog. While I was petting Bella I mentioned to her owners that one of my colleagues was hoping to find a rescued bulldog to adopt, and they said that Bella's breeder also did rescue work. They gave me the contact info, which I passed along, and the happy result is that Kim, my friend, has adopted a dog! Here's her new sidekick, Po:

Isn't she a sweetie pie?! Can't wait to meet her one of these days. But sweet Po is not the first pet I've found for someone at a yard sale. That would have to be Joe the Bunny:I was at a moving sale a few years ago, and the people mentioned they needed to find a home for their bunny. I'd love to have a bunny but we already have four pets so that wasn't going to happen (my husband would have said something more than "Where will you put it?"!!). But I got their contact info and the following Monday sent out an email to my children's librarians. And one of them, Janeane, was indeed looking for a pet for herself and her son, and they adopted Joe. Any time you ask Janeane about Joe she instantly beams and tells you the latest cute things he's done. And I think it's pretty obvious that her son Nathaniel is just as crazy about Joe:


I think it's kind of a hoot that their names rhyme, Joe and Po. And there's lots more names in that vein. Beau, Moe, Status Quo...guess I'll have to keep an eye out for more of these connections to make!

8 comments:

  1. awww! I love bulldogs and Bella is so cute! If my husband and I get a dog, I want a bulldog :-) And Joe is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joe is the absolute cutest thing on the planet! I've had five pet rabbits throughout my life, with my last one dying this past Oct. He was nine years old and lived a ripe old life. Maybe I'll blog about him since when he died I was still sick with morning sickness and wasn't in a bloggy mood for several months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting my doggy! She is great. I've changed her food but she still has the worst smell especially from one end! I'm sure it will take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rehoming rescued or unwanted animals is very important work, and it's so kind of you to do it. Getting older pets a home is so difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just the best! You never know what you will find at garage, estate, or house sale....oh I should include the curb. xo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently! I love your thrifty blog too, fun!

    Have a great day!
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I think it's funny about the names, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out my blog tomorrow (Friday). It will be about you! xo Joan

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover