Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This Made MY Day!


I am absolutely chuffed. Catherine, whose blog is Catherine’s Vintage Style, has name me one of her winners of the “Five Blogs that Make My Day Award.” Woo hoo! Thanks, Catherine!


Apparently the guidelines are
(1)You must acknowledge five blogs that make your day or inspire you.
(2)You must acknowledge the post of the award giver.
(3)Tell the award winners they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.


So it's my turn to nominate new winners.

Now, I did have to pause for a moment, because passing along this award felt just a teensy bit like, gulp, a chain letter.

I don’t do chain letters.

I have never done chain letters. I remember vividly the first one I got. I was in 5th grade, and my best friend Chrissy gave me this thing written on lined notebook paper, and I was supposed to copy it a whole bunch o’ times and give it to a whole bunch o’ people. It claimed to have been around the world seventy three times, and if I broke the chain something terrible would happen to me. It felt like a huge weight on my back, a ton of guilt inexplicably given to me by my very best friend. I didn’t want anything bad to happen. But I didn’t copy it and pass it along. I felt an utter failure. I wish I'd had the brains and the confidence to tell Chrissy not ever to do anything like that to me again. But to this day I've never sent a chain letter, and that includes the humorous emails that we’re all supposed to pass along to everyone in our address book.

But—here’s the crucial difference—chain letters make me feel bad. Being told I’ve made somebody’s day made me feel absolutely wonderful (more thanks, Catherine!). And that is something I'm glad to pass along.

So here are five blogs I enjoy. One is written by someone I know, another by someone in my profession, and the others I've found while tootling around the Internet. Thanks to all five of you!

The Feel-Good Librarian seems to be taking a vacation from her blog, but I love her take on “why we do this.” After all, librarians are all about the backlist, right?

The work shown on 365 Masks is fascinating. You never know what kind of mask she’ll make next!

Gemini Moon is a great place to find something nifty to read. Kids’ books are not just for kids!

Dawn Luckham makes historic costumes—absolute beauties. She doesn’t post often, but each entry is a treasure. Don’t miss what she did with a “boring tailored jacket.” And she has a very cute dog!

And Vintage, Pretty & Shabby takes scrounged and thrifted items and gives them new life, just as she does with the chickens she rescues.

So my thanks to the five of you for giving me the pleasure of reading and seeing your work. Feel free to pass along the award if you like, but not to worry if you don’t. Just keep blogging and making my day!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's me. You must not read a lot of blogs...jk! I'm like you. Chain letters are a bunch of hooey. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I've enjoyed visiting yours and seeing all your great finds! Very envious! I love to see what bargains other people find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow..thanks Queenie..what an honour!
    I'm so glad you like my waffling British blog enough to give me an award..very kind indeed..thankyou! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You 'work' comes highly recommended. that is RDH. recommended daily humor. I look forward to keepin' up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Now I have 5 new blogs to read. I love diverse blogs. Thanks Queenie!

    I will add something funny. Went to the clothesline this morning to find birds inside my clothes looking for nesting material. You can imagine the mess! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours. Definitely adding you to my Google Reader so I can keep up on your "fab finds"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I followed your 365 mask link, and found another fun one-- http://skulladay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover