Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THE JOKE WAS ON ME, BUT I GOT THE LAST LAUGH


This is a PS to the bra-buying saga I recounted a couple of posts ago. To recap, I ordered three bras, two arrived, one didn’t. After too much time elapsed I entered into a very slow process of receiving that last bra. By the time it finally got here they had already sent a replacement, so I ended up with two.

The joke on me was, of the three styles I ordered, the one I got two of was the least comfortable! In fact it was decidedly snug. There was no way I was going to send them back—it was simply more than I could face.

But wearing an uncomfortable bra …nope, couldn’t go there. Then I had a brainstorm. I had another bra I was getting rid of now that I had the new ones. So I cut off the hook section and attached it to one of the new ones, and the eye section for the other one. Five minutes with my trusty old Singer 201 and I have two bras that are now perfectly comfy.

Whew!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! Plus, as the bras get worn and washed the elastic will stretch so if the band gets too loose you just remove the extra piece without ruining the bra itself! double yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you turned the joke around and got yerself an extra bra that will work out well for you!!! Clever use of recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a saga! I wish I had thought to sew extenders onto my bra straps... my bras were all too small during my pregnancy, and I didn't want to buy too many new bras so I just dealt with it the best I could. Sewing extenders on would have been a huge help! Oh well, now I know for the next baby (if there is a second baby!)

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover