Monday, September 30, 2013

A, B, C…and then some

Hey, would anyone like to join me in taking a lettering class on Skillshare? The instructor, Mary Kate McDevitt, does work like this:

ReadingFrenzy_MaryKateMcDevitt_01.jpg

Cheerful_02.jpg

You may have noticed (or perhaps not – we rarely notice what isn’t there!) that I do not accept advertising on this blog. (Yes, people have asked, but how can a blog about buying everything secondhand advertise retail stuff?) But when I signed up to take this lettering class, I found out that if other folks want to take it, you can get ten bucks off the $20 price if you enroll through this link. And yes, I get a credit too. I’ve never taken a Skillshare course, but I love fonts and lettering, and perhaps some of you do too.

ItGetsBetter-02.jpg

Apparently you can start these courses any time and work at your own pace. “The First Steps of Hand-Lettering: Concept to Sketch” will be available I believe on October 16. So if it sounds like fun, use my link and jump in with me, and let’s see what we can make!

AmazingThings.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun, but i have too many other projects going on already! I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover